1 About the program
The Business Advice Support Program gives eligible businesses access to one-on-one expert advice from lawyers, accountants, HR professionals and others, free of charge.
The Business Advice Support Program is a temporary program jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland Governments as a component of the 2019 Queensland Bushfires Community Recovery Package under Category C of the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.
The Business Advice Support Program is designed to meet and respond to the strategic priority “Build a skilled workforce” in Southern Downs Regional Council’s (SDRC) “Tourism Strategy 2017-2020” which underpins “Southern Downs Regional Council Economic Development Strategy 2017-2020.
Driving tourism business development, growth and resilience are important contributors to local and regional economies. SDRC aims to strengthen the skills and experience of its tourism workforce and increase the business capabilities of operators to ensure the industry can meet the growing demands of visitors. By helping small business access one-on-one professional advice, the capabilities, sustainability and resilience of tourism businesses can be supported.
The objectives of the Business Advice Support Program are to:
- Support business recovery from recent natural disasters and economic downturn and mitigate ongoing impacts
- Increase business confidence and build capability
- Collect data to inform future programs and assess impact of the program
2 Available Funding
The Business Advice Support Program is available for paid-for one to three (1-3) hour sessions per business with a third party supplier in one of the following categories to ask questions specific to your business;,
- Business Planning
- Website, Digital and Marketing
- Legal Services
- Human Resources and Industrial Relations
3 Business Advice Support Program Timelines
|Invitation to Suppliers
||Ongoing – EOI here
|Invitation to Businesses
||Ongoing – Complete form below
||Open until allocated funds are exhausted
||Within 3 business days of receiving the EOI
|Introductory email to supplier and business
||Within 3 business days of receiving a reply/advice from business
4 Who can access program?
Applications to the Business Advice Support Program Funding can be made by business owners that meet all of the following criteria:
- Have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Your business is located and operated within the Southern Downs Local Government Area
- Employ between 0 – 19 staff
- Agree to complete a survey (non-identifying) for the purposes of program evaluation
5 How this works
- Complete the application form below
- Council will assess the application and introduce the registered service providers to the successful applicant.
- One on one consultation between the service provider and the successful applicant delivered either online, by phone or in person.
- Once a session has been completed the service provider will invoice the Council for reimbursement.
- A non-identifying survey will be sent to the business applicant and the service provider to assess the effectiveness of the program and to guide decisions on future programs.
Download guidelines here.
For further details or assistance please contact Economic Development & Tourism team on:
t 1300 MY SDRC (1300 697 372)
Business Advice Support Program Expression of Interest