1 About the program
The Out of Region Familiarisation Tour gives eligible businesses an opportunity to engage with other wine, food and accommodation businesses out of the region.
This is a temporary program jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland Governments as a component of the 2019 Queensland Bushfires Community Recovery Package under Category C of the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.
The Out of Region Familiarisation Tour is designed to meet and respond to the strategic priority “Facilitate and develop quality products, events and experiences” in Southern Downs Regional Council’s (SDRC) “Tourism Strategy 2017-2020” which underpins “Southern Downs Regional Council Economic Development Strategy 2017-2020.
Driving tourism business development, growth and resilience are important contributors to local and regional economies. Council aims to strengthen the skills and experience of its tourism workforce and increase the business capabilities of operators to ensure the industry can meet the growing demands of visitors.
The objectives of the Out of Region Familiarisation Tour are to:
- Support business recovery from recent natural disasters and economic downturns and mitigate ongoing impacts
- Increase business confidence and build capability
- Learn from collective industry knowledge to further better and improve the tourism product in the region.
A change is as good as a holiday!
You know how when you go on holiday you are always watching and learning from another business? Telling yourself “ohh that’s made a positive impact on me” OR “how do they even stay in business?” Well here is your chance to do this with your industry peers. This opportunity will allow you to take a breather from your business and do some tourism product and experience research. Observe first-hand how other businesses in a similar industry in another region operate. Experience what other businesses are offering and come away feeling inspired and energised with new ideas OR pat yourself on the back as you are already doing a good job.
The Tour – 4 DAY ITINERARY – CLICK HERE
Meet those who grow the produce, the chefs, caterers and cooks who create extraordinary dishes for our dining pleasure and everyone else who works in the food and hospitality industries. These people are overwhelmingly passionate about what they do and thankfully, for all of us, they are equally passionate about sharing what they do! It will be an entertaining and gastronomically enticing experience you will not forget.
Donate a package/product/voucher to the value of $500 per business to the Southern Downs and Granite Belt via the Tourism Recovery Program to be used in future promotions and campaigns. This program is fully funded and jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland Governments as a component of the 2019 Queensland Bushfires Community Recovery Package under Category C of the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.
|Expression of Interest to eligible businesses||EOI closes
|Invitation to businesses||15 December 2021|
|Voucher/Product/Offer||To be received by 22 December 2021|
|Confirmation of place in the program||22 December 2021 to 4 January 2022|
Applications to the Out of Region Familiarisation Tour Funding can be made by business owners that meet all of the following criteria:
- Have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Your business is located and operated within the Southern Downs Local Government Area
- Adhere to any Queensland Health requirements to re-enter QLD and comply with any NSW Health requirements.
- Commit to the $500 voucher/experience/product
- Agree to complete a survey (non-identifying) for the purposes of program evaluation
- Owners, co-owners and senior staff of the business are eligible. Limit two people per business and this will be subject to demand.
- Complete the EOI form below including your Outcomes Statement
- Council will assess the application and advise if your business meets the criteria.
- Invitation sent to successful business
- A non-identifying survey will be sent to the business applicant and the service provider to assess the effectiveness of the program and to guide decisions on future programs.
For further details or assistance please contact Economic Development & Tourism team on:
t 1300 MY SDRC (1300 697 372)
or Terese Finegan (Tourism Recovery Officer) 0418 601 904